Carey welcomes Dave Robinson, the Founder and CEO of Vertical Performance Enterprises to her office. Dave is a senior executive and retired U.S. Marine Corps colonel with over three decades of experience leading complex organizations. He’s also the author of the new book, The Substance of Leadership: A Practical Framework for Effectively Leading a High-Performing Team. Dave shares how his military background prepared him to prepare leaders, how he measures a team’s response to adversity and why he developed his leadership triad of culture, people, and mission.
- 02:23 – Unpacking the Voice in Your Head
- 09:33 – What is Social Media Doing to Us?
- 12:24 – Creating an Emotional Map
- 14:45 – The Co-Rumination Trap
- 19:39 – A Mental Board of Advisors
- 25:06 – Avoiding a Gripe Session
- 28:45 – Covid: Chatter Event of the Century
- 31:41 – Use Your Name in Third Person
- 38:00 – Rituals to Handle Stress
- 40:22 – The Placebo Effect
- 46:20 – Granting a Sense of Control
- 50:56 – Chatter and Failure
- 56:53 – Tools Ethan Uses
- 01:01:17 – Rapid Fire Questions
Thanks for checking out Welcome To My Office with Carey Lohrenz. Be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts or your favorite podcast app and leave a rating or review!”