Carla Harris, the vice-chairman, managing director, and senior client advisor at Morgan Stanley, steps into Carey’s office this week. She has amassed an impressive 30-plus year career in investment banking and financial services, but she also has become one of the most powerful and influential women and Black executives in the world. Carla discusses the importance of leading with courage, knowing your own worth, how to train people to think of you in a certain way, and why leaders in the 21st Century must be comfortable taking risks.
Resources and Links
- 2:30 – Leading with Courage
- 4:40 – Importance of “Making the Ask”
- 10:30 – Questioning the Meritocracy
- 14:20 – Advocating for Yourself with Authenticity
- 16:40 – Virtual Connections – Keep Them Tight
- 18:46 – Getting Unstuck
- 20:25 – Mentors Gives Tailored Advice
- 24:37 – Get Your Money to Grow It
- 27:40 – The Ultra Wealthy Stay Conscious and Curious
- 30:05 – Access to Capital for Fledgling Companies
- 34:37 – Advice to Those Seeking a Financial Career
- 37:33 – Rapid Fire Questions!
Thanks for checking out Welcome To My Office with Carey Lohrenz. Be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts or your favorite podcast app and leave a rating or review!”