Sergeant Major Keith Craig steps into Carey’s office this week. The Sergeant Major is a public speaker, Hollywood entertainment executive, decorated U.S. Army Veteran, and the author of Serving To Lead. The Sergeant Major shares his journey from homelessness to a decorated career in the U.S. Army, how he developed his leadership mentality through adversity, and the importance of knowing your purpose.
- 2:30 – Redefining Happiness as Pursuit of Our Full Potential
- 9:00 – Thinking Holistically to Achieve Happiness
- 12:05 – Shawn’s Story of Discovering Positive Psychology at Harvard
- 16:50 – Managing Stress, NOT Eliminating It
- 24:30 – Identifying Stress and Acknowledging its Meaning
- 27:25 – Focusing on Solutions to Avoid Mental Fragmentation
- 29: 40 – “Toxic Positivity” – It’s More About Ignorance
- 32: 45 – Everyday Example of Avoiding Narrow Thinking
- 35:20 – Implementing Positive Psychology in the Thick of Covid-19
- 37:50 – Getting Practical: What Habits Can Make You Happier?
- 42:32 – “Scanning for Gratitude”
- 44:05 – Mirror Neurons in Stress/Uncertainty
- 46:45 – Carey: Just Start Somewhere and Be Intentional
- 48:17 – Shawn’s Book and Where to Find Him
Thanks for checking out Welcome To My Office with Carey Lohrenz. Be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts or your favorite podcast app and leave a rating or review!”