Carey welcomes Molly Fletcher to her office this week. The word trailblazer gets thrown around a lot these days, but it’s the perfect descriptor for Molly. She was dubbed “the female Jerry Maguire” during her career as a top sports agent, where she negotiated over $500 million in contracts for the biggest stars in sports. These days she’s a keynote speaker, author, and the host of the podcast, Game Changers with Molly Fletcher. Molly shares what high-performing leaders all have in common, the importance of saying no, and why she decided to become a sports agent.
- 2:55 – Mindset of Top Performers
- 9:50 – Talent Just Isn’t Enough
- 13:34 – Molly’s Path to Being a Sports Agent
- 18:00 – Advantages of Being a Female Agent
- 23:32 – Living Rent Free for 9 Years
- 28:42 – Confidence comes from Discomfort
- 31:30 – Don’t Fake It ‘Till You Make It
- 35:30 – Knowing Why Changes What
- 39:25 – The Importance of Saying No
- 46:50 – Protecting Time Ahead of Time
- 49:14 – The Current State of Agents
- 54:08 – Rapid Fire Questions!
Thanks for checking out Welcome To My Office with Carey Lohrenz. Be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts or your favorite podcast app and leave a rating or review!”